Abdon and Heath Parish
Abdon and Heath Parish consists of 7 settlements: Abdon, Balaams Heath, Baucott, Brookhampton, Heath, Holdgate and Tugford.
We are situated between the Brown Clee Hill and the Corvedale in South Shropshire.
- Ordnance Survey map 138 showing the settlements in Abdon and Heath Parish is attached below.
- Google map of Abdon and Heath
- Abdon and Heath weather forecast
Although we are sparsely populated, Abdon and Heath Parish is a very friendly community in which to live. There are many events and social activities taking place throughout the year, and we always make time to stop for a chat with neighbours and visitors.
Visit our News and Events page for more details.
Church services are held regularly at:
- St. Margaret's, Abdon
- Heath Chapel, Heath
- Holy Trinity, Holdgate
- St. Catherine, Tugford
Our Village Hall is located in Abdon.
Our local noticeboards are located at:
- Abdon – opposite the red telephone box
- Abdon – near to St Margaret’s Church
- Balaam's Heath – on road side near junction to Beambridge
- Heath – on road side near junction to Peckledy
- Holdgate – next to telephone box
- Tugford – near to St Catherine’s Church
Regular events - everyone welcome!
- Coffee and cake morning - last Saturday each month in Abdon Village Hall 10.30am to 12.30pm, except for December.
- Meditation evening - every Tuesday evening in Abdon Village Hall. Contact Brown Clee Surgery for details.
- Sewing club - Wednesday afternoons at various locations in Abdon.
- Flower club - first Monday evening each month (March to December) in Abdon Village Hall.
- Parish Council meetings - last Thursday in January, April, July and October in Abdon Village Hall.
- Skittles - various dates and locations.
- Wildlife Group - meets monthly in various locations.
- Women's Institute - second Wednesday each month at Clee St.Margaret Village Hall.