Abdon and Heath Parish
News and Events
News and Events for October to December 2017:
- Nominate NOW in the Countryside Alliance Awards 2017 - Please note nominations close on 13th November. Over 1500 nominations for the ‘Rural Oscars’ have been received, and you still have time to honour your favourite rural business. The Awards recognise and honour those who routinely go the extra mile for their community, reflect the spirit of rural people and their desire to protect our landscapes and communities for future generations. The benefits these awards afford cannot be overestimated, and those who have won have told us of the positive impact their recognition has had on everyone they know as well as bringing a boost to their business. We hope you put your rural businesses on the map by nominating them today!
- 19th September - New Planning Application: Proposed Barn Conversion Adj 4 Brookhampton, Holdgate. More...
- Friday 6th October - Abdon, Heath & Cockshutford Skittles, 8pm at Abdon v Culmington. Everyone very welcome to play, or come along for chat, drinks and nibbles.
- Monday 16th October to 19th January 2018. Drainage works - A49 Church Stretton to Wistanstow. See further details attached below.
- Thursday 19th October - Cllr Peter Nutting, Leader of Shropshire Council will be the speaker for a joint meeting of StrettonDale and Craven Arms and Rural Local Joint Committee, which takes place on Thursday 19th October, 7pm at Acton Scott Village Hall. The meeting will give an overview of the future priorities and challenges currently facing the Council. There will also be the opportunity for members of the public to ask questions. Members of the local police Safer Neighbourhoods Team will also be in attendance. Everyone is welcome to attend the meeting and to take part in the discussions. For more information on the meeting please contact Lisa Bedford, Shropshire Council’s Community Enablement Officer for the area, on 07990 085656 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. See poster attached below.
- Sunday 22nd October - Abdon Wildlife Group visit to Clee Liberty. Meet at 10.30am Heatham Gate (map ref SO 572850), to finish by 1pm.
- Sunday 22nd October - Join us to celebrate our Harvest Festival, 6pm St. Margaret's Church Abdon.
- Wednesday 25th October - Abdon, Heath & Cockshutford Skittles, 8pm at Haydens Bent. Everyone very welcome to play, or come along for chat, drinks and nibbles.
- Saturday 28th October - Join us for coffee, cake and a chat, everyone welcome! 10.30am to 12.30pm Abdon Village Hall.
- Thursday 2nd November - Abdon and Heath Parish Council meeting (changed from 19th October). Minutes of the previous meeting on 27th July attached below.
- Friday 3rd November - Quiz Night with Quiz Master Andy - back by popular demand! 7.30pm Abdon Village Hall, light supper, bring your own tipple! £5 per person. Teams of 4. Just let us know you are coming: Margaret 01746 712296, Jo 712244, Penny 712530.
- Friday 24th November - Abdon, Heath & Cockshutford Skittles, 8pm at Stoke v High Leys. Everyone very welcome to play, or come along for chat, drinks and nibbles.
- Saturday 25th November - Join us for coffee, cake and a chat, everyone welcome! 10.30am to 12.30pm Abdon Village Hall (please note there is no coffee morning in December).
- Friday 8th December - Abdon, Heath & Cockshutford Skittles, 8pm at Abdon v Blackford. Everyone very welcome to play, or come along for chat, drinks and nibbles.
- Friday 15th December - Abdon, Heath & Cockshutford Skittles, 8pm at Stoke. Everyone very welcome to play, or come along for chat, drinks and nibbles.
- Coffee morning - last Saturday each month in Abdon Village Hall 10.30am to 12.30pm, except for December.
- Meditation evening - every Tuesday evening in Abdon Village Hall. Contact Brown Clee Surgery for details.
- Sewing club - Wednesday afternoons at various locations in Abdon.
- Flower club - first Monday evening each month (March to December) in Abdon Village Hall.
- Church services - second and fourth Sunday of each month at St. Margaret's Church, Abdon.
- Parish Council meetings - last Thursday in January, April, July and October in Abdon Village Hall.
- Women's Institute - second Wednesday each month at Clee St.Margaret Village Hall.