Abdon and Heath Parish
Tugford is a small hamlet in the parish of Abdon and Heath. It lies between the Corvedale and the Brown Clee Hill.
St. Catherine Church, Tugford
There was a chapel here as early as 1138. The Nave of the present church was probably built before this, and the chancel around 50 years afterwards. Only one Norman window remains.
Tugford was held in early Norman times by Warin the Sheriff, who gave 2.5 hides to Shrewsbury Abbey.
The lost village of 'Little Tugford' was last heard of in the 15th century.
Places to stay
Tugford Farm B&B, holiday cottages and livery: http://www.tugford.com/